Lots of traders think that they need to get Master Level education in Finance or perhaps a doctorate degree in Mathematics in order to become a skilled forex trader in the online forex trading market.
However, after spending a considerable amount of time in forex online, what I and other successful and consistent investors have realized, is that success in the online forex market does not only come through your knowledge and your understanding. Your actions and your emotions also play a critical role in deciding your success and failure in forex trade.
I know, it might sound simple and easy to you, but being a productive and profitable forex exchange trader really depends upon these important points:
- Realizing that you have to consciously manage your own relationship with the forex currency trading market so that you can make objective and logical decision for your online forex account.
- Do not just understand the market conditions and its working; you actually have to perform in the market in order to collect sizeable profit for your trading account.
- Think about long term success rather than short term. In forex online, long term success can only come through discipline and patience. Take time to study the market data properly. Take the help of technical indicators, forex charts and graphs to learn about current forex rates of the currencies.
- In online forex trading, your discipline and your courage certainly have much more value then your intelligence. Remember, it is discipline that makes a forex investor prosperous. So, you need to reinforce positive forex trading habits and you should also make concise efforts to make logical decisions in the market.
- Just keep things simple, do not think that trading in forex exchange market is extremely complicated or something that is out of the world. Today, there are many technical tools in the market like forex trading robots and forex indicators that are really helpful for forex exchange investors. Traders now can use these tools on their system and they can get latest updates about forex rates of the currencies and forex news as well. Traders can also join forums and webinars where they can share their knowledge with professional traders.
- Do not trade too much in forex exchange market because if you will trade in forex exchange market like a machine gunner then you will lose your trading account and your entire profit as well.
Using Stop-losses at Forex
Often, the joy of successful deals in Forex trading sometimes gives place to bitterness of loss. That’s why the rules of a stop-loss order’s placing are a major component of capital management at Forex. So it’s necessary to understand the necessity of stop-losses and determine its size.
Stop-loss at Forex is a definite market position (point on the graph), which you put in order your broker could close a deal at a time when the currency pair reaches this position. Stop-loss is applied to minimize or record a loss if the market went against you, that is, not in the way that you have calculated. The size of a stop-loss, firstly, depends directly on the time interval. The larger time interval, the greater amount of a stop-loss is. It allows you not to be off the marketahead of time, because of sudden market fluctuations.
Too small size of the stop-losses is a common mistake of the beginners. This entails leaving the market and further observation of the price movement, but without you already. Plus, there are many automated trading advisers, which do not use placing a stop loss during trading. A trader, who uses this expert in the reality, is doomed to fail, because his deposit is not able to resist a drawdown.
If you use a fixed stop-loss, which is 10-20 points of the price during short-term trade, then the size of a take-profit two times bigger than the size of a stop-loss.
A Forex broker can explain it by the fact that this is approximately enough to stay in the market for one hour if the things go wrong. It does not make sense to track the position longer and you should accept a loss. It is difficult to reconcile this method with market conditions and often requires an adjustment, which is not always possible because of the market changeability.
You can also place a stop-loss, equal to important levels of support and resistance, lines of well-defined graphic triangles, channels and trend lines. In the case of reaching these levels further price movement against the position is a logical rationale for the closure of the order. The size of a stop-loss can be also not fixed, and, for example, set at the peak of the candle, where the market entering has occurred. For different currency pairs a stop loss is adjusted individually.
In any case, if you are going to give Forex part of his life and make your Forex account effective you have be sure toindispensably use stop-losses. Otherwise, you should find another job for yourself.